10.29.2008

Bumps & Bruises

The past week has been a rough one, both for Ben and for us! The picture doesn't do it justice since I didn't take this picture until 2 days ago, but in the past week Ben has 1. Had a run in with a chair that involved a cut lip and LOTS of blood, 2. a collision with a rocking chair that resulted in a nasty bruise on his cheek, 3. A bump with the tile floor that caused his lip to reopen and bleed and a fat lip AND 4. A fall on the concrete that left him with a scrape on the cheek and nose. Not to mention the fact that he has a cold, and has closed his fingers in numerous drawers and I managed to pinch his little fingers in a door this morning. :(

And his parents haven't done much better. Andrew lost his job again last Monday, and then his (bi-polar) boss called him back on Thursday and offered him half of his job back. Needless to say, Drew is still looking for a job. I had a dud of a bookfair this week AND our house is still on the market until Friday when it will fall off and there is just no point in relisting it. We have had 1 showing in the past 6 weeks.

Oddly enough Andrew and I spoke in Sunday School last Sunday about God's provision. :) Oh the irony...

4 comments:

Ryan said...

i think that was just God's sense of humor... he wanted to see what you have learned about His provisions.
as for ben... he's a boy; not to mention the good stock he comes from. :)

Rachelle said...

Hang in there guys! I actually nearly called you Leah yesterday to see what was up. I should have and my cold stopped me. I sound horrible. But I did pray instead.

I have no words to say other than that you are loved, prayed for, and held.

As for Ben, this is one of the parts of growing that is the hardest. There have been times with both kids where I was afraid to take them in public they were so banged up. Next it will be football.

Sarah M. said...

Yikes! We continue to pray for you three. Thanks for keeping us posted.

And poor Ben! I'm not looking forward to that stage.

Anonymous said...

I don't think we make it more than 2 or 3 days without blood or bruises. :(

~jenna