11.19.2007

The Mundane Things

I have nothing interesting to write, but here are a few of the things we did this weekend:

  • I have a cold, so I slept a lot.
  • Went grocery shopping - got everything done so I don't have to venture out before thanksgiving! It was bad enough on Saturday morning.
  • Went to a baby shower! At church a baby was born in Oct, there is 1 expected in Dec, 1 in Jan, mine in Feb, 2 in May, 1 in June and 1 in July. Babies, babies, babies! My mother-in-law wasn't able to attend, so she offered to purchase and wrap the gift, so I just brought a cute present and ate the food. :)
  • Thought about raking the MASSIVE amount of leaves in our yard.
  • Didn't do it.
  • Had 10 people over for dinner Saturday night, and we all made a part of a french dinner. We had fried cheese with raspberry sauce (not official name :), beef bourguignonne, potatoes, beans, salad and crepes. My crepe (made to order :) had nutella, strawberries, bananas and powdered sugar... yum, yum.
  • I have discovered I love mineral water. :)
  • Watched Bride & Prejudice (the Bollywood version of Pride and Prejudice) and Amazing Grace. The first just for fun and the second because it is an incredible, true story.
  • Planned my part of Thanksgiving dinner. I am making corn, green beans, sweet potatoes, rolls, pumpkin pie & buttermilk pie.
  • I am also having 6 people over for Thanksgiving breakfast... can't wait!!
  • I had breakfast for all 3 meals yesterday. :)

1 comment:

AvocadoDiva said...

Yay! I loved Bride and Prejudice!!! Can you recommend any other Bollywood films? Before he deployed, Matt and I rented one that had English subtitles, and half of it was hysterical and half of it we totally didn't get...but it was fun anyway. ;-)

And yes, Amazing Grace was an AWESOME movie. I was mucho impressed.

--Abs