Well, many people write lists of things they want to accomplish by a certain date (30 by 30 etc.). Since I have never created one of those lists I have decided to post for you, on this, my 25th birthday, a list of things that I have done, now that I am officially 1/4 century:
1. Read all the Jeanette Oke books before I was 14
2. Stayed up all night reading
3. Had a baby - OK, this won't happen for another 2 months, but I am counting it anyway
4. Visited India - 3 times
5. Gotten married (maybe I should have listed this before #3 :)
6. Been to a Nickel Creek Concert
7. Sung a solo in front of lots of people
8. Played the Piano for 11 years, completely forgot the music during a piano recital (I still shutter every time I hear the name Debussy)- haven't played since. :) (It has been 9 years)
9. Hung a door - crooked :)
10. Graduated from college at 19
11. Driven in downtown Washington D.C.
12. Have at least 10 good friends named Rachel
13. Prayed that I wouldn't marry someone names Jacob
14. Made more loaves of bread then I care to count
15. Slept on the floor in a sleeping bag for 4 years (from age 11-15)
16. Moved across the country at 17 - and never looked back
17. Worked an entire Utah Summer at a Dry Cleaners
18. Owned a dog
19. Kissed a boy - that's right - just one.
20. Lived in a 36' Travel Trailer with my 4 brothers and parents for 4 years (see #15)
21. Driven a standard transmission
22. Killed many a toad by putting them in a can with a fire cracker
23. Learned to love red wine (much to my husband's satisfaction)
24. Gained 2 sister-in-laws, and 3 brother-in-laws, for a total of 2 sisters and 7 brothers :)
25. Pieced (the right side) or my nose while in India
So there you go, in no particular order. I am feeling old, but it is a good old. I haven't conquered the world, but I have done a few things that I am proud of. However, now that I am 25, there are no great milestones to look forward to... I can vote, smoke, drink and now rent a car... I guess I am now officially an adult... scary.
6 comments:
Hope you're having a very happy birthday! :)
Happy birthday! I enjoyed the list...and learned a few things (toad killer!!!)
proud to be one of the 10 rachels!
Happy Birthday and good luck with that quarter-life crisis :)
Well, I am glad you finally are as old as the rest of us. Now we can all go to bed at 8pm and no one can say anything. Not that you would anyway, you "preggy" one. tee hee.
Aww, happy bday and I love the pics of the dog, and I love you!And are you for real about two months left only?
Post a Comment