I know, another pregnancy post, but other than sleep and vacuuming up dog hair there isn't much else to write about. Although, I can solve almost all the puzzles in my "Ultimate Sudoku" book. :)
Last night at childbirth class we found out that one of couples was having their baby, as we sat there. A month early. Praise the Lord that everyone is doing fine, and they have a beautiful baby girl, but it was a little bit of a wake-up call. :)
I am sitting at my desk, eating my post-breakfast, pre-real-lunch snack (an apple) and have decided to tell you about one of my defects. I am not sure if it is from my mom's side or my dad's but the distance between my top lip/teeth and my nose is FAR too short. I cannot eat an apple without getting my nose all wet and sticky. Hopefully Baby Boy gets Drew's perfectly proportioned lip to nose spacing.
And finally, I had another doctor's appointment today. My blood pressure was like it always is... a little high because I am at a doctor's office. I found out I passed my 3 hour glucose test!!! No gestational diabetes for me! (For those of you who don't know, they test you by making you drink this stuff that tastes like totally flat orange crush and then take your blood after 1 hour to see how your body handled it. Well, I didn't pass that one, so I had to go back in for the 3 hour, which means you fast, they take your blood, then you drink the nasty stuff which is twice as sweet as the last time, then you sit and wait and pace and do sudoku and then they take your blood at 1, 2 & 3 hours. Thankfully I got a good blood-drawer dude and he stuck me 4 times in the same arm and not even a mark!!) So, that has been my life of late. Long blood tests, childbirth class, work and doctor's appointments.
We have a wonderful Thanksgiving planned... THREE WHOLE DAYS of NO classes (accounting, stats, childbirth or otherwise), NO work, baking pies and rolls and sweet potatoes, eating lots, and we plan to cut down a Christmas tree AND see the Broadway version of My Fair Lady!!! Does life get much better??
What are your Thanksgiving plans?
7 comments:
Sudoku rocks!
As for Thanksgiving, we are staying put and letting the family come to us :-)
i'm glad you are doing well, it seems like health and issues like that would be on your mind all the time when pregnant. the gompert clan is having a thanksgiving dinner in cheyenne at pete's uncle's house this year, but i get wednesday, thursday, and friday off so that is good.
my fair lady!? no way! lucky!
as far as thanksgiving goes we are spending it with my grandparents (moms parents), but right now my grandma is in the hospital for "double pneumonia" so we may be eating at the hospital...it will be one crazy adventurous thanksgiving!
Well, I am staying in town for Thanksgiving, and all my sibs and futures [inlaws] are coming into town. It'll be the first time the futures have met, so that could be exciting.
I'm headed to my mom's on the central coast of California from Wed to Sun. My mom and all 5 of us kids will go over to my aunt and uncle's house w/45 (literally) of our other aunts, uncles, and first cousins for Thanksgiving dinner, football, driving old trucks around the apple orchard, sunset walk on the beach. This year the guest list "only" has 50. Friday will see about a third of that number going to the movies to see August Rush, Saturday will be pretty chill, and Sunday will be full of church, early Christmas concerts my siblings are in, and then the obligatory long drive home to SoCal. Good times for my favorite holiday!!!
So glad to hear everything is good. I miss seeing you. Hopefully we'll run into each other before I come see you in the hospital when that precious little pea pod is born.
You are doing great, your so scheduled with your eating.
Funny the drink I had for my glucose test tasted like fruit punch and another friend said hers tasted like a flat cola. I wonder how they choose which flavor to give.
Post a Comment