2.01.2007

Momentary Fright

You know those days when you have a really "high high" and then a really "low low?" Well, yesterday was one of those days.

HIGH:

Yesterday we got our "Christmas" Bonus. (Yes, I realize it is February). We had a wonderful day, wrote the final check to pay off our car and life was good... then...

LOW:

Last night Andrew did our taxes and we realized that somehow we had managed to underpay state taxes so much that we OWED $3200. We spent last night staring at each other wondering how we were going to come up with all that money...

HIGH:

I was looking over our W-2's and Turbo Tax this morning and Andrew had forgotten to fill in the State Tax box!! So, now we have a Christmas Bonus, a paid-off car AND a $1200 refund coming!!!

5 comments:

micah said...

share the wealth sista!

Anonymous said...

Woah... now that really is a High, low, high!

micah said...

it's a little smaller than your room at home and yes the wall is painted.

Anonymous said...

heehee! I know you aren't supposed glory in the troubles of others, but it sure feels good when other people do what I live every day :-P glad it worked out - can't wait to see you!!!

Jeff said...

I had a similar experience. Andrea and I were making out a detailed budget for the first time, a few weeks before we were married. Once we'd deducted fixed expenses, we were looking at about $82 per month to live on. Scary, to put it mildly.

...And then I realized I'd forgotten to carry a 1 and was working with $1000 less than we actually had. Words cannot describe the relief we felt. Words can, on the other hand, describe how I felt--like a moron. But hey, that's why I went to a liberal arts college, right? :-)