8.11.2006

To My Neglected Friends...

If you have written me an email over the past two months that I have not returned I am very sorry. This blog is a good representation of my life right now... consumed with house stuff. It comes and goes in spurts, but when we are not at the house we are recovering and resting up to do it again. There is an end in sight, but it looks like the moving date is going to be the end of August, not the beginning as we had hoped. (Note to self: never use that cabinet guy again). There have been too many bullet point lists lately, I hope to have more interesting posts again soon, but here are a few of the things we have done lately:

  • My favorite family from VA came to visit, I had a wonderful time showing the Blasdell family around Asheville during their three day stop. We managed to cover the Biltmore, the Grove Park Inn & Downtown Asheville, as well as hit the pool, twice, play war for hours and 5 rounds of Whoonu?. (Pictures below)
  • Bele Chere - Asheville's Street Festival, second only to Mardi Gras... we explored the booths, had french chocolate crepes, gyros, polish sausage with sauerkraut, painted our names on huge canvas, saw Galatic ??, A funk band, with 10,000 other people, got beer poured down our backs as two women....... because their beer glasses were bumping together, saw break dancing in the street and watched 5 guys play drums for an hour.
  • Drove to Hendersonville in search of cabinet handles and ended up walking around an art festival downtown and eating the most amazing carmeled apple ever! (No worries, we found all the pulls and knobs we needed).
  • Made many many phone calls about our house, but it was worth it... we can now have lights, indoor plumbing and hot water!
  • And last but not least... worked far too many hours at work. :)

Now all that is left is packing for our trip next week to see my brother graduate from Army Basic Training!! (In Southern MO, outside... not so !!) I guess we won't be going with just carry-on anymore...


Well, I have run out of things to say... ttfn!
L

1 comment:

Janice Phillips said...

ok, so i know you always post the whole "bumpersticker of the day" finds, but figure this personalized license plate I saw yesterday:

MAKINYN