8.23.2006

Not Without Delays...

Well, we are into crunch time for our house. We have to be moved out of our apartment by the end of the month... for all of you in la-la land that is 8 days from now. According to my master schedule we could have made it:

Wednesday: Carpet & Countertops
Thursday: Plumbing & Electrical Finals
Friday: CO Inspection (Certificate of Occupancy)
Monday: Sod
Tuesday: Close on Loan & Load Truck
Wednesday: Unload Truck
Thursday: Clean Apartment

So what happens when the countertops have a crack in them and they have to go back and remake them??? It means your plumber can't hook up the facuet and the electrician can't put in the dishwasher and the inspections have to wait until Friday or Monday, which means the CO must wait until Tuesday, and moving to Wednesday or Thursday and Closing on Friday... which means a few nights on the couch at my in-laws. :) And to top it all off we are going to be gone Friday and Saturday. (Did I mention that mud slid into the neighbor's yard during a rain storm, and even though we fixed it and cleaned up her yard she still managed to slip and break her arm and blame us?... and insurance doesn't cover it unless it was on our property? Fun times.)

On a happier note, Drew & I sorted through all of our papers last night, and got them filed and got my the extra bedroom TOTALLY packed... tonight is the kitchen and family room. And, our (new) house now has carpet. Wohoo! And Choir starts tonight!!!

L

4 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

You amaze me...I'm tired for you!

Anonymous said...

oh my word Leah...I'm praying for you...that's ridiculous!! I can't believe you've had so many problems with your countertops...and it's crazy that one thing going wrong affects everything else as much as it does. I'm sorry I can't be there to help out!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! After reading all that I am thankful that we decided to purchase a 5 year old house instead of building at this point. You know me... I don't handle things well when they don't happen on my time table. ;-) The house, however, looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you are permanently stealing Ryan away. Thief.