On day 1017...
As I mentioned earlier, we have been interviewing for the sercretary position recently. After many interviews, and most of the painful, we finally found one that would work. Unfortunately her name was Leah, so that made everything quite difficult, but we were learning to live with it.
Well, two weeks ago today we arrived at the office to find a note from Leah saying that after much prayer she had decided that this was not the job for her. (I am not sure why, during all of her prayer, she didn't see the necessity of showing common curtsey and giving her employer 2 weeks notice... 24 hours would have even been nice... but apparently she didn't). So after a week Eric finally called a temp service and a week ago we interviewed Barbara. We interviewed her at 3, called the temp service at 4, called her at 4:30 and she started the next day at 9. She didn't present the most professional appearance (nose piercing and cigarette breath) but it was better than nothing and she definitely seemed competent. So, last Tuesday I begin the training process once again, explaining everything and how the seven companies were interrelated etc.
Thankfully she had been great! She is quick to catch on, and even knows how to print labels! (Unlike the last one.) So, in the end, it was worth a week of going without a secretary and two days training to have one that is FAR FAR better than the last. (The fact that her name wasn't Leah was a HUGE step in the right direction.) I just hope that I don't have to train anyone else any time soon...
L
No comments:
Post a Comment