8.22.2005

MN Highs & Lows

Here are some highlights (and the not-so-high-lights) from our recent trip to Minnesota:

High: Seeing my brothers, joking around, playing poker w/ peanut and plain m&m's.

Low: 8 hours in a sedan with my two older brothers, my parents, Andrew and myself... yes 6.

High: Walking along Lake Superior with my husband and brothers. Watching Ryan juggle wet-sand ball, and helping Micah find driftwood for making incense burners.

Low: Being sick the whole week.

High: Launching firecrackers on my grandpa's farm with all of my extended family.

Low: Did I mention the car ride?

High: Dragging my grandpa and his girlfriend (my grandmother died 6 years ago) on to the dance floor at my cousin's wedding.

Low: Spending 2 nights in a cob-web & spider infested house.

High: Having my brother teach me to drive a stick-shift.

Low: Killing my grandpa's truck 6 times and waving people to pass us and finally doing a Chinese-fire-drill so Ryan could drive it the rest of the way.

High: Showing Drew around the tiny town where I spend my summers growing up.

Low: I hated that car ride... I thought it would never end.

High: Tour of my grandpa's 180 acre farm... in his brand-new Chevy 3500 crew cab with duely wheels. We had 5 in the cab and 10+ in the bed.


Good Times. I can't wait to go back again.

L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once had to spend five hours with my knees tucked up to my chest sitting on the floor behind the passenger seat in a convertible on a trip from Boca Raton Florida (where I was interning) to Key West. And we only had the top down for about a half an hour during the whole trip (so renting a convertible might not have been the best choice). Oh, well. Fun trip anyway.

I hope that overall it was a good trip for you. Any family trip will have its highs and lows.