On Day 755...
In an attempt to see absolutely everyone and everything before we leave our Virginia home, we have been very busy... not too different from chickens running around with their heads cut off. Here are just a few highlights from the last few weeks...
Knepper!
Justin Knepper (from the UP and a fellow 2002 graduate) was in town, so on a whim we decided to head into Alexandria at 5:15 on a Wednesday evening. What, with no traffic, is a 40 minute drive took us slightly under 2 hours, but what is a trip to DC without the traffic? Nice, you say? Well, we went for the experience... or something like that... We had a great time, catching up with PHC friends over pizza and (gasp!) a beer.
New Hampshire
Planned before we knew we were moving, I spent the long weekend in New Hampshire with Rachel, an old friend from my Pioneer Bible Camp days. She is now married to a wonderful guy and has the most beautiful baby girl I have every seen (Ben, no worries, you still have dibs on the baby boy slot). It was an adventure getting there, as the visibility in Manchester was so bad that they cancelled all flights, I spent 3 hours of my life in security lines, and almost missed by rescheduled flight, but it was worth it. One evening we headed to Target (20 minutes away) to return a few things and buy stickers for a niece that was turning 4. We had a great time shopping, however, we managed to leave everything that needed to be returned on the table at home, and lose the stickers somewhere between the checkout stand and the car, but again... we had fun.
Bridal Shower
Monday night Sarah H. & I planned a bridal shower for a friend who is getting married in April. I think that Sarah and I deserve the award for "shower planned in the shortest amount of time" award. We managed to shop, plan and decorate for the shower in just under 3 hours. But we had a great time, and I think everyone that came did as well. Chocolate fondue makes everything better.
Dinner with Friends
In the past week we have spent three or four nights with friends (Hengemuhles, Mehrens, Klanseks, Staceys & Phillips) just enjoying each other's company. Although this makes for some late nights, it has been worth it all. We will miss them when we leave.
The Weekend
To keep up the trend we have started, this weekend will be one of the busiest we have had yet. On Friday we are going to Baltimore with some friends to celebrate her birthday, bringing back fond memories from last year of freezing rain and flaming Dr. Peppers. And on Saturday our Shepherd Group friends are hosting a farewell party, one last time to see the people that have made our 5 years in VA wonderful. And to top it off, on Sunday we will be celebrating Andrew's 23rd birthday at the Melting Pot.
I know what you are thinking... "when do they have time to pack?" Well, I will tell you. We don't. Drew and I went on a packing spree about 2 weeks ago, but have not touched a thing since that time. Hopefully we will find some time before next Wednesday! :)
L
3 comments:
Oh whew, you're still alive! I couldn't remember when the move was supposed to happen. I'm glad you're having so much fun with all the activities. Will be thinking of you (as usual!) in these coming weeks.
Love,
tanya
Wednesday night in Alexandria? Weren't you at our place Wednesday night? Wow... Nathan and I are dying to know how you have accomplished the ability to be in two places at once! Or maybe I just misread your blog and you were talking about two differnet Wednesdays... Oh well, either way, it was great to have you over. We're going to miss you.
Yup, it was two different Wednesdays!
Post a Comment