On Day 715...
I worked up the nerve to tell my current boss that I am moving to North Carolina. It was a hard decision since we don't have the best relationship, I waffled between giving him enough time to find a replacement and giving him just 2 weeks. After much thought and prayer, and wanting to get it off my chest, I decided on the former option.
The whole ordeal lasted only about 2 minutes. Andrew gave me permission to blame in on him, and I took full advantage of the offer. I basically said that my husband had taken a job working for father in NC, and I was moving at the end of January. He was shocked, but not angry. I think telling him early was a good idea, and I am hoping that it will be easy find a replacement.
I have struggled with whether or not to try and find/recommend someone, since he is difficult to work for, and to be perfectly honest... I don't know who in their right mind would really want to the job. But I thought that I could probably paint a good picture for the person, and that in the end it was the individual's decision, and not my own, to take the job. I also think that there are many people better suited than I for that position and that caused part of the friction.
All that to say, it is now official: I am quitting my job on January 21st, Andrew will quit on the 26th, we will be moving on the 27th-28th, and starting our new jobs on January 31st.
L
1 comment:
Glad to hear you got that taken care of! I'm so excited for both of you - it sounds like this will be a great move. :)
-tanya
http://www.beanbagcentral.com/tanya
Post a Comment