On Day 722...
My brother Micah flew in on Tuesday evening, and when he landed he hit the ground running. On Wednesday Andrew, Micah and Mat (who lives with my family in Utah, but is from NH) headed into DC. They covered the monuments, and the Holocaust Museum, and made it back in time for our Christmas Party.
On Thursday, Drew acted the part of a wonderful, amazing husband and volunteered to drive them in again. They covered the American History Museum and had a great tour of the Capitol by none other than a sweet Mormon girl in Rob Bishops office (R-UT). She was a little baffled when they didn't want their picture next to the statue of Brigham Young. :)
Friday, we took it easy and I left work early and we headed in to cover the Art Museums and see the National Christmas Tree. Micah and I analyzed the different depictions of the manger scene... some showed it as a cave, others more or a lean-to, and others it was a very majestic and stately collection of columns with a straw roof. However, I must say the highlight of the evening was seeing the albino squirrel as it ran down the mall. I thought I was seeing things, but when Drew & I met up with Micah & Mat they had seen it too, and had chased it down the street and taken pictures of it! It was hideous, with its white fir, and pink eyes.
Saturday morning the boys (Micah & Mat) headed to NH, and Micah is flying back on Wednesday just in time to leave for NC!
L
No comments:
Post a Comment