4.10.2012

Kid Chatter - Easter Edition

I sing in our Church choir and have the privilege each year of learning and singing a number or pieces for a Good Friday service as well as for Easter morning! It is so good for my heart to have months to ponder what Easter really means! And I am so thankful it is overflowing to my kids.

---
On Easter morning we sang a number of songs including Up From The Grave He Arose! and the choir also sang the the Hallelujah Chorus. So Monday at breakfast:

Ben: Mom, what is gravy?

Leah: Well, it is something you put on food, like mashed potatoes or here is the south, on biscuits... or really on anything.

B: Oh... Hmmm... So What does "Up From The Gravy Arose" mean?

----

Both children went around for several days afterword singing "Hallelujah! Christ is Risen!" and "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!"

Ben: Mom?

L: What Ben?

B: I wish I could just cut off my mouth and have lots of ears so that I could listen to the choir sing that "Hallelujah Song" over and over.

1 comment:

Sarah Harris said...

Young John loves the music at church--love having him worship with us. (He's still learning, but stays with us until the sermon.)