Well, as of Day 21 we are doing fine. There have been a few bumps, but nothing major. We did take Friday night off and Drew, Ben & I all had a chocolate from the chocolate fetish. Oh so yummy. :) More than avoiding sugar and processed foods, my problem has been more finding things to cook that don't involve wheat, spelt, rice, dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, sour cream) and strawberries and blueberries. :) Tonight we had a good night though. :)
Afternoon Snack: Guacamole
2 avocados
2 cloves of garlic
1 inch of jalapeno (I took the seeds out)
1 tomatilla (optional, I just love the flavor)
2 T purple onion
juice from one lime
1 roma tomato (I look the seeds out to make it less watery)
salt
Chop it all up, mix it together and break out the corn chips. Naomi couldn't get enough. I don't know if there is anything better than fresh guacamole.
For dinner we had pan fried Pork Chops with olive oil, salt, pepper and sage.
And then THIS spaghetti squash recipe. We obviously omitted the feta, and I didn't have basil, we used tomatoes, spinach and olives. But you could really use anything. Ben like it, and Naomi loved it. (I think this is pretty standard when it comes to food for these two).
And for dessert we whipped some peanut-butter-banana smoothies. Yummy!
2 Bananas
8 ice cubes
1 big scoop of peanut (or almond) butter
unsweetened almond milk
a tsp ish of agave nectar.
2 comments:
Sounds delish! I used to make banana & peanut butter smoothies all the time... I think I need to revive the habit. :-)
I want to make guacamole tomorrow! Thanks for all the recipes. I love knowing what you are making with your food challenge!
Post a Comment