Today I reached new heights as a mother. Adding number 2 has been a transition, but not too crazy (knock on wood) but today it was all tested.
This morning was Andrew's commencement ceremony for his graduation from Wake Forest (pictures coming soon). Well, for the first time in 17 years WF had to go with the rain plan thanks to pouring rain. So, instead of a nice sunny graduation on the campus green, the commencement ceremony took place in a nearby (dry) stadium.
So, this morning I dropped Andrew off at the at the front entrance in the POURING rain and proceeded to park. I parked and managed to get Naomi, Ben, a huge umbrella, my purse, the diaper bag and myself across the parking lot, into the stadium, through the ticket stand and up 2 flights of stairs to the balcony... and did I mention that I managed to keep my white shirt (the only thing I had packed) dry??
Be Impressed. BE VERY IMPRESSED. :)
I did have a little help, I should admit. A very kind woman shook off my umbrella and closed it up for me (I had NO idea how I was going to do it. :) and I tried to to look pathetic as I asked the employee if there was any way I could get around going through the turn-style things... thankfully they had pity on me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment