12.17.2007

Darkness

Well, as Drew was walking to the alarm clock this morning at 5:30 he saw a big flash outside and everything went dark.

Although, I was extremely happy and warm in bed, the idea of getting up 3 hours later and still not having any power (meaning no hot water or heat) was enough to get me out of bed. I took a wonderfully hot shower by the glow of cell phone light. I then ate cereal by candle light, now here I am at 7:05am, fuzzy hair and all, at work blogging about it.

I know this might be regular hours for some of you people, like my husband, but for me, I wouldn't be getting OUT OF BED for another 30 minutes to an hour if this were a normal day. So, just because of the power outage, you will probably be getting a few posts before I start work in an hour (again, 90 minutes before I normally do :).

Good Morning World!! I had forgotten what it was like to get up in the dark. (Other than trips to the bathroom).

L

No comments: