3.01.2007

My Plate Is So Full - It Feels Like Thanksgiving!

To my dear neglected readers:

Life has been crazy lately. I am not sure where all the times goes, but it is always gone. We still do not have internet access at home, so sadly finding time to blog has become nearly impossible. Here are a few of the things that have filled up my days:
  • My Puppy - playing with her, walking her, training her. We took her for her third round of shots Tuesday and she weighed in a a whopping 20.8 lbs at 13 weeks. She is going to be our little monster. She has tripled her weight in the 7 weeks we have had her. But we love her to death... so it is all worth it. :)
  • Puppy Class - Monday nights are puppy night, thankfully another lab has joined the class, because before it was Ivy and a miniature dachshund, and a shitzu (both under 8 lbs), they just about fit in her mouth. :)
  • Bible Study - I run from puppy class, home, feed Ivy and then head out and am not usually home until 11. Drew goes his separate way too, now that he is a Deacon at church, he usually has a deacon meeting or a missions committee meeting on Mondays.
  • Choir - I sing in the church choir and practices are going from 1 1/2 hours to 2 in preparation for Easter... I love every minute.
  • Moving - three of our friends have moved in the last week, so we spend Friday night, all day Saturday helping them move, and most of yesterday I spent helping one friend unpack. But now we have friends that live just a few minutes away!
  • Coffeehouse - each year the youth in our church put on a coffeehouse as a ministry to the church and to unbelievers in the area. It is a night of live music, we clean out the sanctuary and bring in tables (each decorated by a high school student) couches, lamps, rugs, coffee tables etc. and we have coffee and tons of desserts... and I am organizing the whole thing this year. Fun, but time consuming.
  • Not to mention the keeping the house clean, cooking, laundry, ironing, paying bills, filing papers part of it all.
  • AND - as Sarah blogged about - Sarah, Dave & Jennifer came down for the weekend, which was an incredible time of doing nothing. :) Meredith is coming next week, and Drew and I are hoping to escape for a weekend in March AND we have a friend getting married in a few weeks in Raleigh and we are going to see Drew's grandma. Not to mention Ryan & Meredith's wedding a few weeks after that!
  • And Friendships - forming friendships takes time! It was hard to move away from VA, and the amazing friends we had there, and it has been harder that I ever imagined making friends in a new place, but we are finally getting to the point where we have friends to call when life is hard, or when we have something to celebrate. What a blessing true friendships are!

So, all that to say, life is busy, but good. And again I leave with a promise to post more pictures soon.

L

1 comment:

the Tyrant said...

Sigh! somehow leah you always make me feel like a slacker! :-) luv ya lady!