11.02.2006

Visa Issues

My Dad is My Hero.

Well, in preparation for our trip in December, not only do you need a passport (my first one expired 8 years ago :-P), for India we need a Visa as well.

If you think our government is slow, try theirs. I am positive that all of the employees in the Washington D.C. Indian Embassy are individuals who were "promoted" from some other government office, because of their amazing ability to do nothing 8 hours a day for years on end. According to the paperwork it takes 10 working days from when they get your paperwork. Well, I sent ours on Oct 3, and as of yesterday as still not received the return receipt let alone our passports with that lovely little stamp. So, three days ago I started calling...

I probably called 30 times. (They are only open for inquiries from 9:30-12:30). No one EVER answers the phone, AND all of the mailboxes are full, so there is no possible way to even leave a message. I was beginning to get nervous when the Calvary arrived...

They must have a special hotline for Indians because they answered my dad's call AND they even answered his questions!! And thankfully our visas are in the mail. I won't rejoice properly until I have my passport back in my hands, but I am very thankful for dad's... especially Indian ones. :)

L

3 comments:

Sarah said...

i got mine back a couple weeks ago, and the stamp thing looks cool. i like it. ya for india!!!!! we leave soon! ya!

Janice Phillips said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for your Dad!!!

I hate bureaucracy!