Well, as I stated in my last post, I managed to catch something awful while I was in VA for the wedding. So, last Friday I left work early, walked in, put my things on the counter and walked straight out to my hammock swing for a little relax time before Andrew came home.
Well, I was awakened by screeching tires, and watched as a red truck pulled away from my house. I immediately ran inside only to see that my purse was gone. They had gone into the house and taken my purse.
So, needless to say we never made it to the fair on Friday... I spent the afternoon turning off my credit cards, clamping down on my bank accounts, changing locks and filing a police report. And although this has been a horrible ordeal there are still many things to be thankful for:
1. They left me alone.
2. They only took my purse.
3. I took my phone out to my chair with me.
4. I stopped everything fast enough, so they didn't spend any money.
5. Andrew had all the same cards, so I was able to turn them off within 20 minutes.
6. The left my car keys, which were sitting on top of my purse.
Sadly, they did get my purse with my millions of cards, (credit, debit, business, skymiles number, ymca, library etc.), digital camera (no pics for a while), my jump drive and all of my chapstick it could have been much much worse, and I am very thankful that it was only my purse.
L
PS I had been on the fence, but it has been confirmed that we need a big dog.
12 comments:
OHMYGOSH!
I'm so glad to know you're okay and were able to catch everything before the thieves could use anything. Still, it stinks, stinks, stinks!
AH!!!!!
that's so crazy!
it is good that they only got your purse.
That's what you get for moving to crime-ridden North Carolina. You'd have been much safer here amidst the MS-13 gang wars....
Seriously, though, glad you're ok. But it sure is a bummer to have to rememorize those CC #'s....
i can't believe that happened. glad you are safe
hey sis...you could have made such a cool hardcore theft story! but oh well. next time you gotta take him out ;)
Wow. That's basically one of my worst nightmares - I hope you're able to get everything back in order very quickly and with as brazen as they were, I'm so glad you're ok. BTW, things are on the mend with M and me. I hope you have a good weekend in spite of all this!
-r-
Doesn't that just make you feel horribly violated in your new home? I'm so glad they didn't come after you or take your car. And that you noticed your purse was gone right away. Glad you had downloaded the pictures from your VA trip already too.... Feel better! Oh and, lock the door.-rlr
oooh, people like that make me so stinkin' mad. So glad they didn't bother you though. have a better day!!
Holy crap, how horribly violating! I'll definitely be praying for you guys!
SEE! God is punishing you for leaving me. Ok, maybe not. Actually, that is really scary and I am glad that you are OK. I actually had a nightmare just like that once...(ok, not surprising). Tell Drew to buy you a hairless cat (a la "Friends) - that thing would scare off the most stalwart thief!
A big dog is a good idea! Rottweiler maybe? However, I would lobby for a big dog and a gun! You should move here to Oklahoma, things like that never happen here! ;-) Glad you are ok!
How awful!!! What a terrible scare and inconvenience. Praise the Lord it was nothing more than that though...
-Sarah
Post a Comment