On Day 864...
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but for me, the older I become the more I can sympathize with others. As a little girl I remember attending a funeral with my mother and not understanding why everyone was so sad, and it wasn't until my own grandmother died that I truly understood what it meant to loose someone. The same goes for weddings, I didn't cry at weddings, not even my own, but at the last two weddings I have attended (weddings of dear friends) I have cried as the bride walked down the isle. I cry during movies because I finally understand what it means to lose someone you love.
Some of you might be thinking... my goodness Leah, how much could you really have experienced in only 22 years. However, I would say that it is not the age that matters as much as the experiences. As I heard someone say, "It is not the age that matters, but the mileage." The more I experience in my life the more I can understand where other are coming from and what others are feeling. And I can only imagine that it will increase as I "put on more miles."
L
No comments:
Post a Comment