I know it is lame, but I feel like a better mother if I can get veges into the kids... especially a whole bunch before noon! When I just had the vitamix we would make smoothies and such (laces with plenty of spinach), but I have found the kids love the smooth juice, so I have started using both!
FIRST, I juice some combination of apples, oranges, celery, carrots, cabbage, beets, pineapple and tomatoes.

THEN, I throw it all in the vitamix with ice, bananas, avocado, spinach, pineapple and cabbage (for fiber) and TA DA!!! You have amazing juice that your kids slurp right up!!

And all in all it takes me 10-15 minutes from start to finish (washing both machines).
(The only downside are the looks your husband may give you when they see yet another appliance - with 8 pieces - take us residence on the counter... I think he still loves me :).
(The only downside are the looks your husband may give you when they see yet another appliance - with 8 pieces - take us residence on the counter... I think he still loves me :).
2 comments:
Dang, I wish that all would only take me 10-15 minutes! I have a juicer and I love what it produces, but it is SUCH a pain to get it all together and clean up afterward. More like 1/2 an hour for me... for a much more simple juice product. :-p
I didn't even know it was gone... shows you how much we used it!!!
Post a Comment