2.11.2010

Preparing for Baby Girl Z

I am not a big fan of pink... ok, that is quite understated. I HATE PASTEL PINK. So when we found out that this time around we were having a little girl I was less than thrilled at the prospect of finding girl clothes... since almost everything you see is pink.

As I have been doing errands and such I have been allowing myself to look through the girl things and to my delight, there are quite a few non-pink options! This dress just called my name. And for $5 how could I resist?!

Thanks to having an older brother, this little girl will be wearing a lot of yellow and green and probably a fair amount of blue and puppies... however, I am glad that there are a few options for making her girly without turning her into a marshmallow peep!

This week I have been doing laundry and washing all the blankets and baby clothes (Praise the Lord for hand-me-downs and borrowed clothes or this child would be naked :). I think I am finally getting excited about a baby again. It has been a process... I have SOOO been enjoying Benjamin, not nursing, having my bed to myself again, not wondering constantly what they are thinking etc. But by God's grace He is again restoring the desire to hold another baby and love her and I am sure He will continue to change my heart as we head into these last 10 weeks or so! YIKES!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad the excitement is starting for ya! I can understand what you mean about it being a process. :-) I am honestly not sure I'm ever going to get out of the disbelief stage until I actually see my baby, lol. But I know it's going to be fun in the end... for both of us. :-)

Melanie said...

Beautiful dress. Thanks for sharing your excitement with the rest of us!

Sarah Harris said...

That's a cute dress Leah! It's hard to avoid baby pink when they're little. Funny, I begrudge the fact that there are so few boys clothes! But it is easy to dress them--any shirt + khaki shorts/pants = outfit (Baby John dresses similar to his father and you can't beat the simplicity.)

Glad you're doing well and we'll keep the sweet little one in our prayers!

Rachelle said...

You know how I feel about pink....ICK. But I'll be curious to hear what you think after you meet BGZ. My girls wear pink when they go out. Why? Because as feminine as you think their clothes are, they are, unless they are in pink, everyone you meet will refer to your girl as a boy. I got tired of it. And frankly, my daughters look better in pink than I do. Though Kyri always goes for her brown or black shirts when they are clean first. And I love that.

Sarah M. said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited. It's been a lot of fun having a daughter and I know you'll love it too. As for the pink. I used to hate it. I don't mind so much now, but even so there's a wide variety of colors within L's wardrobe. I've noticed that there's a lot of options - more than you initially think. :)

Julie said...

I was all about some pink with Annabelle after dressing 2 boys for 5 years previously to her coming along.

Then she got her own opinions on clothes. Not that she doesn't like pink.....she would just rather be naked.

Meredith said...

Make note that her Auntie Mers will be her "pink" provider!!!!! Looking forward to having a little girl around!!!