- He is now almost 15 months old (Yikes! Where has the time gone!), and about 22lbs.
- He walks, and sort of runs and has recently decided climbing is fun.
- He is a very cautious child, studies everyone, and shys away from everyone at first.
- When asked "where's Ben?" he points to himself and shouts Beh!
- He is deathly afraid of the big stuffed bear my brother gave him when he was born. He cries and runs to me and shakes whenever he sees it. (Tonight at a restaurant, he saw a stuffed elk head and freaked out and we had to hold him with his eyes turned the other way the rest of the night.)
- His vocabulary is increasing all the time, the words we can recognize are: hat, book, bye-bye, hi, dog, bear, ball, hot, "where is it?," "I don't know," "right there!" uh-oh, dada, mama (he has no idea who this is, but he says it :), and a few others I can' think of at the moment.
- He knows the sounds the cow, bear, lion and dragon make... the latter three all sound the same. :)
- He can sign: please, thank you, come, mama, up, down, all done & "oh man!" (hand on his head)
- He loves to wave, and says Hi! & waves to anyone we pass in any store, and just about everyone else.
- He has started throwing real full-blown fits...There is no such thing as a rest in parenting. :)
- He just got his second hair cut. Bye-bye baby!
- He loves hats.
- He knows where his ears, eyes, mouth, tongue, teeth, nose, hair, belly button, fingers and toes are.
- He LOVES to read books, he is constantly putting them on my lap and then signs "please" frantically. He loves to spot things... especially animals.
- He dances (if you can call it that) to music.
- This child LOVES LOVES LOVES balls, all shapes and sizes, from golf balls to exercise balls. I can't tell you how many hours we spend every day spinning soccer balls. At least he brings them back to us. The kid can't get enough!
- He nods yes and shakes his head no... it is so useful!

Sporting his super cool hat made by uncle Ryan.

He found this vest and wouldn't take it off, he loved the dogs.
Note the new hair cut.
A few words for you... note the hair... pre-cut shag.
Not a great video, but I ADORE the sound he makes when signing 'please' and this is the only video I could get. :)
Dancing Man!
I think he was a little over-stimulated... what do you think?
5 comments:
I say playing with Auntie Missy is just plain FUN...not over-stimulating...silly, Leah. (Hahaa. Totally joking. Between the vest and the huge ball ON the mattress..what can I say? We were doomed from the start.) =) I loved playing with him!
He's getting so big! By the way, nice choice of music in video 2&3. I love the weepies!
Love the videos and the udpate. Ben is such a really really cute little boy! (Lauren loved them too. She kept saying "uh-oh" when you asked him to. Miss you guys. Hope all is well.
Aww, your update was great! I'm really impressed with all the words that Ben knows. Ellen has started throwing fits too - not much fun. How can someone so cute be such a stinker!! :-)
Hey girl,
Love the updates! If I remember correctly you offered up a waffle recipe recently. :-) Care to share? I'd love to have it! Hope you all are doing well!
Post a Comment