On Day 1241...
I am sorry, my faithful readers, that we have been delinquent in posting. The last two weeks has been filled with fun, and busyness... and I am not shopping for Christmas at all! In an attempt to catch you up, before we leave TOMORROW... here are a few of the highlights...
My birthday! - I celebrated no less than 4 times! I had three birthday dinners, one out with my husband, one with family, and a final one with friends (which was cooked by Ryan, Jonathon & Drew and was great!). I got my traditional carrot cake, picked out a Christmas tree, was given a vita mix!!! and was even woken up by a call from my mother, singing happy birthday... horrible flashbacks to my childhood. :)
India Preparations - I have been shopping, shopping, shopping! Thankfully my mom went ahead of us, so we can bring what is missing... so I have bought shower curtains, bug spray (which is quite a feat in December!), gifts for our Compassion kids that we are going to visit!, cardamom seeds, gifts for relatives,Emergen-C, NyQuil, sandals, travelers checks, passports and visas, luggage tags, ear plugs, sheets and much much more. Thankfully after packing last night we still had an extra bag! Although I think that all our carry-ons are overweight... who allows only 12 lbs???
Christmas Parties - We have also attended 3 Christmas parties, one for work, one for choir and one with friends. At our choir party Ryan & I managed to pick up a nice purse and cookbook from the white elephant party. :)
Driveway - Well, the men who poured our driveway were not satisfied with the result, so they have graciously agreed to pull it up and re-pour it... however they started yesterday, so now I won't be able to park my car in the garage before we leave. I am still very thankful they are doing it, but it is just another thing to remember. (I had watched every morning to make sure they hadn't started, so I could get my car out of the garage... well yesterday morning I didn't check and I went to leave and they had just put the jack-hammer to the pavement, but hadn't turned it on... thank goodness!)
Christmas Concert - Every year our church puts on a Christmas Concert, which happens the first Sunday in December. So, 3 nights, Saturday & Sunday of last week were consumed with practice. The gospel was clearly presented through the lens of Christ's humility, and really understand what is meant when John said "The Word was Made Flesh." It was an amazing time, our choir director always does a finaminal job with the program, and this year was no different.
Christmas Cards - I love sending out Christmas cards. Despite Drew telling me I was crazy, we wrote a letter, and I had addressed 160 cards... they went in the mail this morning!
OK, back to all the other things I need to do!
L
1 comment:
sigh! you never fail to make me feel like a slacker Leah darling :-) :-P miss you!
Post a Comment